Union members earn more money, have better benefits, are more productive and have greater job security than nonunion workers.
- Union Workers Have Better Benefits
- Union Pay Is Higher In Nearly All Occupational Groups
- Unions Support Safety In The Work Place
- Unions Raise Wages--Especially For Minorities and Women
- Unions Are Good for Productivity
- Union Workers Have Greater Job Stability
- Unions Are Important for Young & Older Workers
More workers are forming unions because they want a say in issues that affect them at work, such as wages, benefits and working conditions. Although workers' wages have shown a recent uptick, they still lag far behind 1970s levels, fueling the growing gap between the wealthy and working Americans.
Interested in organizing a union in your workplace?
Or call the Organizing Hot Line