Welcome to the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers 6th District website!
The Sixth District encompasses the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. These Great Lakes states are the industrial heartland of America, and are home to about 111,951 of the IBEW's finest members as of March 31, 2016.
- One of the Sixth District's main goals is to help any unorganized worker become one of our members.
- Any unorganized worker is welcomed to join.
- Find out how on our Organizing page.
- There are 118 Local Unions in the Sixth District.
- Sixth District members work for many different types of employers...
- including cable TV, construction, government, health care, manufacturing, radio and television broadcasting, telecommunications, utilities, and video production. There's a good chance that someone you know is one of our members.