Top 10 Reasons to Enter the 2013 Photo Contest Now
November 22, 2013
- First place wins $200, second place $150, third place $100 and honorable mentions win $50.
- The winning photograph is seen by hundreds of thousands of people each year in the pages of the Electrical Worker and on the IBEW web site
- Winning pictures also get prominent play on the websites of dozens of locals, the AFL-CIO blog and many labor publications.
- Pictures become a permanent part of the IBEW archive that preserves and celebrates the important and too-often overlooked work done by IBEW members in all branches.
- Entering is easy, and takes less than five minuteshere.
- We still accept prints via the Postal Service, but the overwhelming majority of our entries now come in throughwww.ibew.org.
- The resolution of many cameras in smart phones is high enough to qualify (clickherefor rules and guidelines.)
- Winners are chosen by fellow members.
- Pictures can be of many different things, from members at work, the places we work, organizing, volunteering or even just members coming together for some well-deserved good times.
- The deadline was already extended toNov. 30, so you have no excuses!