Here is a sure sign summer is on the horizon: Entries are now being accepted for the 2021 IBEW Photo Contest.
Last year’s winner was Vancouver, British Columbia, Local 258’s Brad Masse, who captured a stunning view of fellow Local 258 members Steve Fyfe and Aaron Seaton preparing to reconductor a transmission pole high above the ground, with British Columbia’s Skeena River in the background.
Masse made a bit of history in the process. He is the first Canadian brother or sister to win the competition.
Here are the official rules for this year’s contest.
- It is open to active or retired IBEW members only. The person submitting the photo must be the person who took it. Members may enter up to five photos each.
- International officers and staff are not eligible.
- Photos MUST be submitted as digital files of at least 300 dpi, measuring 1,200 by 1,800 pixels at minimum, in color or black and white. Larger files of at least 2,200 pixels are encouraged.
- All submissions become property of the IBEW’s Media Department.
- Entries must have some kind of IBEW theme, such as members at work, engaged in union-related activity or subjects conveying images of the electrical industry or the IBEW.
- If members are in the photo, they should be identified. If large groups are in the photos, the group’s name or the purpose of the gathering – such as a safety committee, a linemen’s rodeo or a union meeting – can be submitted in place of individual names.
- Photos previously published in IBEW publications or posted at ibew.org are not eligible.
- Entries must be submitted electronically via the Photo Contest link on ibew.org. Contact the Media Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-728-6012 with additional questions.
- Up to 15 finalists will be selected and posted at ibew.org for final judging by the public. The winners will be featured in a future issue of the Electrical Worker.
Good luck to everyone. We can’t wait to see what you send in this year.
Click here to Enter