IBEW Votes 2020 Dashboard
Engage, persuade, mobilize. Everything you will need when it comes to issues and get-out-the-vote resources is available here.
Member Communications and Local Union Mail
HOW TO USE:
After careful consideration, the IBEW International Executive Council decided to endorse Joe Biden in February. IBEW International President Lonnie R. Stephenson serves as co-chair of Biden's climate engagement advisory council.
|Vice President Biden greets an IBEW member at a campaign event in Missouri.
Legislative and Policy Materials
HOW TO USE: Great resource for member information
Data and Voter Mobilization Tools
HOW TO USE: All the resources, data tools and tutorials for Get Out the Vote Activities
- Peer-to-peer texting platforms allow you to engage on a personal level. Here's a Hustle SMS explainer and video tutorial. Here's a ThruText overview, a video as well as pricing information. Contact the National Data Tech & Tools Support Team for more information at LAN@aflcio.org.
- LAN is a secure voter file system that allows specific targeting of union members (permission required). Need help logging on? Click here for assistance.
- AFL-CIO Knowledge Base
- Empower Me customize and mail pre-loaded content, creating locally-branded campaigns. Here's a quick training to get started. (local unions have log-in information)
- Working Families Toolkit pre-loaded AFL-CIO fliers and letters and other materials can be customized and downloaded with IBEW logo (contact Emilia Torre, email@example.com)
- Action Network is a digital organizing platform used to publish messaging and organize events
- Action Builder for organizing on the go
- www.ibewvotes2020.org: All-in-one site to find out if you are registered to vote and sign up to vote by mail.
- Power the Polls: IBEW members can be among the 250,000 poll workers needed to help staff voting locations due to the poll worker shortage. This toolkit contains sample email messages, and graphics to share.
- Attend an AFL-CIO virtual training on worksite engagement, volunteer recruitment and more
- workingfamiliesforBiden.com is now live, with links to ibewvotes2020.org and key Biden positions on IBEW and working family issues
- QUESTIONS? Who to call about LAN access, opt-ins, phone banks, campaign items and more.
|IBEW President Lonnie R. Stephenson, right, and IBEW Political and Legislative Affairs Director Austin W. Keyser pose for a selfie with Joe Biden after his victory in the South Carolina primary.
Fliers and Social Media Graphics
HOW TO USE: Distribute to local union networks
- Social Media graphics: IBEW graphics for IBEW members for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- State voting resources: downloadable fliers with voting deadlines and election procedures for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
HOW TO USE: Signs, T-shirts, buttons for visibility
- IBEW for Biden/Harris merchandise: Items can be requested by local union business managers by completing a merchandise order form. For artwork or any IBEW for Biden/Harris merchandise questions, please contact Charles Ruehl at Charles_Ruehl@Ibew.org
- For specific questions on political candidates and state races, contact Ann Miller at Ann_Miller@ibew.org
Local Union Tools
HOW TO USE: Campaign guidance and communications for local unions
International Release Staff Materials
- International Representative Grassroots Coordinator
Rennie Blye at Rennie_Blye@ibew.org; 202-379-6617
- Research Analyst Nina Liu
Political/Legislative Affairs Department